If you're a real estate professional you've probably heard a lot of hype over Facebook ads or Google ads, and you're probably wondering what it's all about. Here's a few things you may not have known about digital marketing, things that can really give you a significant advantage over your competitors.
1. You can target people who have made recent searches
2. You can target a specific audience with Facebook ads. If you've done your market research, or if you know who your market is, you can select the age, gender, and interests of those who see your ads.
3. You can target a specific radius. If you have influence over a certain city you can target everyone in that radius. You can put yourself on a billboard, but you would only be limiting yourself to people who regularly pass your billboard. What about prospective clients that commute via a different route? Or what about prospective clients that simply don't read the newsletter that you are featured in?
4. With keyword marketing (via Google AdWords) you can specify the keywords that you want your ads to show up for. This allows you to show up as an ad on the web, and even after someone has left your website, you stay on their mind. You can reach a huge audience this way, and you only pay for the clicks to your website.
5. You can cater to your own budget. You can invest as much or as little as you would like on your ads. The more you invest in ad spend the more impressions your ad will make, or the more exposure your ad will get.
Today's age is the digital age, and quite frankly, if you aren't doing some kind of marketing to get screen time you'll most likely go unnoticed. Have you heard of ADD or ADHD? Apparently 2 million children in the US alone are affected by these attention deficit disorders, and one of the factors of this epidemic is said to be excessive screen time. If everyone's eyes are on their screen, and you want to be in the eyes, you better get your feet wet with digital marketing.